Being an expat in other counties of course it’s not easy job. There’s a lot of things that I as an expat must do for living. Before I went to US, I learned English in a course in Japan. Since I am going to take a DPT degree, my English knowledge must be wide. I need to know lost of medical term that is used in US and understand them. It’s not an easy thing to do for me because in Japan (in my place), the English lesson isn’t that good enough. After learning in that course I realize I need to learn more about it. And when I came to US, since the people are native speaker of English at first it is hard for understand them. I only get just a bit of them. Then after a few months, I already used to it that I don’t think it’s hard anymore. And that is the first problem.
The second one is about the food. In US, almost every food that I ate there is junk food. In Japan I usually eat sashimi or sushi or shabu-shabu. But here in US, there are places that sells Japanese food but it’s far from my place and it doesn’t really taste the same with the one from Japan. I’m afraid that my digestion wouldn’t be good if I only ate junk food. So I decided to just cooking by myself. At first it’s a little bit hard because I didn’t have enough time to do it. After I could manage some time, I cook by myself and I could do it. It taste good and it’s healthy too. So from that moment on, I usually cook for myself. I only eat outside if there’s a celebration party or with friends. And for my cooking I am still learning now to become more healthy and more delicious.
Then about working out or exercise. My job as a therapist is toexercise someone body musclebut I need to do it too for myself. In the 1-2 months in university, I didn’t exercise at all because I didn’t have time for tat and I am still adjusting to my new place then after that I start exercising early in the morning. If I have a morning class, I exercise in the evening. And that is when I was inschool. But when I already have a job, my exercising time went to zero. I want to exercise more regularly but I didn’t have the time and I’m so tired from working there. So I only work out on my day off or if I have a free time.
Life as an expat
Health Insurance Agency
Increase expat permits
Me as a Physical therapists apply exercise and rehabilitation techniques to treat injuries or abnormalities that limit people’s ability to move. Along with reducing pain and increasing mobility, physical therapists work with patients to prevent disability through fitness and healthy living. The work might be physically demanding because it stands for long periods and move or lift patients, so strength and stamina are important in the field.
As physical therapists, we must be licensed by the states in which they practice. After completing accredited physical therapy programs, candidates in all states and U.S. territories must pass the National Physical Therapy Examination administered by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy. This exam assesses an applicant’s competency in physical therapy theory, practice, and consultation.
All physical therapists must complete a doctoral physical therapy degree program (DPT) accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). DPT programs generally take three years to complete. Along with supervised clinical experience, curricula include classroom and lab instruction in patient examination and evaluation, prosthetics and orthotics, medical screening, and diagnostics.
An expat without an insurance? That’s sounds terrifying. After 9 years living in Germany I realize that me as an expat need insurance too. I’ve heard a lot of stories about people who is sick and get admitted to the hospitals and when they check out the bills is so expensive. From those experienced of other people I realize the importance of having an insurance. Right now as a therapist I already have one that could cover me. A friend of mine who works in this field told me about things that people who is searching insurance usually do this kind of mistakes.
- Insuring a home for its real estate value rather than for the cost of rebuilding. When real estate prices go down, some homeowners may think they can reduce the amount of insurance on their home. But insurance is designed to cover the cost of rebuilding, not the sales price of the home. You should make sure that you have enough coverage to completely rebuild your home and replace your belongings—no matter what the real estate market is doing. Raise your deductible. An increase from $500 to $1,000 could save up to 25 percent on your premium payments.
- Selecting an insurance company by price alone. It is important to choose a company with competitive prices. But be sure the insurer you choose is financially sound and provides good customer service. Check the financial health of a company with independent rating agencies and ask friends and family members about their experiences with insurers. Select an insurance company that will respond to your needs and handle claims fairly and efficiently.
- Dropping flood insurance. Damage from flooding is notcovered under standard homeowners and renters insurance policies. Coverage is available from the National Flood Insurance Program(NFIP), as well as from some private insurance companies. You may not be aware you’re at risk for flooding, but keep in mind that 25 percent of all flood losses occur in low risk areas. Furthermore, yearly weather patterns—spring runoff from melting winter snows, for example—can cause flooding. Before purchasing a home, check with the NFIP to determine whether a property is situated in a flood zone; if so, you may want to consider a less risky area. If you are already living in a designated flood zone, look at mitigation efforts that can reduce your risk of flood damage and consider purchasing flood insurance. Additional information on flood insurance can be found at
- Only purchasing the legally required amount of liability for your car. The minimum is just that—the least you can get away with by law. So buying only the minimum amount of liability means you are likely to pay more out-of-pocket later. And if you are sued, those costs can jeopardize your financial well-being.Consider dropping collision and/or comprehensive coverage on older cars worth less than $1,000. The insurance industry and consumer groups generally recommend a minimum of $100,000 of bodily injury protection per person and $300,000 per accident.
- Neglecting to buy renters insurance. A renters insurance policy covers your possessions and additional living expenses if you have to move out due to an insured disaster, such as a fire or hurricane. Equally important, it provides liability protection in the event someone is injured in your home and decides to sue. Look into multi-policy discounts. Buying several policies with the same insurer, such as renters, auto, and life will generally provide savings.
For us physician therapist it’s critical for us to strengthen our patient body. Not just from training but also from their food. A good diet is essential for physical health, but does it make much difference to your mind? A growing body of evidence suggests that the answer is yes.
It is found that a good diet is important for mental health. It also suggests that diet can play a role in the development, management and prevention of several specific conditions, including schizophrenia, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Alzheimer’s disease.
That is not to say that diet can control these conditions, nor that it should be looked upon as a panacea or cure-all, or that other treatments should be stopped in favor of a particular diet.
However, diet may play a role, alongside other treatments, in the management of these conditions.
Study show that fewer than half of those who report mental health problems consume fresh fruit every day, compared with more than two thirds of those who do not report mental health problems. Does a poor diet contribute to the problem, or does the problem cause the lack of interest in eating healthily?
Either way, there is little doubt that feelings of health and well-being are more likely if you consume a balanced diet, with the correct balance of fats, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and water for you.
And of course diet is important for mental health, but what about keeping your mind buy? In one o fhte research that I read is that it is suggested that the most helpful thing that anyone could do was to take 30 minutes of aerobic exercise everyday. Scientist have observed that exercise causes all the blood vessels in the body including I the brain to dilate. This change metabolic capacity of the brain. Exercise also makes the brain secrete certain chemicals which help keep neurons healthy and able to change. All of this is good for the brain and body.